EU and Swiss student

All EU-Students have to register with the appropriate registration office if you are staying in Germany more than 3 months providing their rental contract and ID-Card. 

After that your data will be forwarded to the Foreigners Office, which will send you a letter with notification to register your residence there. 

For registration, please have the following documents ready:


  • Your valid passport/personal ID card 

  • Your current rental agreement for your place of residence in Köthen

  • a bank statement with sufficient amount for financing general living expenses

  • proof of valid and current health insurance cover

  • your matriculation certificate 


You are obliged to prove at the Foreigners’ Office within 3 months after your arrival in Germany that your arrival and residence in Germany are legal.