Career Service

Stay Here & Get there.

You’re planning to stay in Germany after your studies?

You’re at the right place! We offer our international students a broad spectrum of tailor-made services geared towards ensuring a successful career launch in Germany.

We’ll support you in designing a professional CV, assist in furthering your qualifications and help to develop new career perspectives. We also assist in generating networking opportunities or organizing internships with local companies.

Most importantly however, we’ll always take the time to understand your specific needs in order to enhance your career prospects in Germany.

Give us a call to set up an appointment, we’re looking forward to it!

Our Career Service will assist you in rocket-launching your career. 

Our services:

Setting-up your CV

  • Letter of Motivation
  • Curriculum Vitae
  • Selecting relevant certificates

Career-specific workshops, seminars and training

  • Job interview training
  • Germany’s social security system
  • Working culture specifics
  • Employment offers and work contracts

Networking with local companies

  • Get in touch with potential employers
  • Company excursions & trial weeks
  • Internships and thesis-writing internship
  • Employment placement


Residence permit for  graduates looking for employment-according to §20 Abs.3/1 AufenthG

After getting your degree in Germany you can extend your residence permit for up to 18 months for the purpose of seeking appropriate employment, if you previously held a permit according to §16b. It is mandatory to apply for this extension at your local Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) after completing your studies. You'll need proof of a secure livelihood, which also entails appropriate health insurance, in order to apply for this permit.

Residence for the purpose of taking up employment-according to §18b AufenthG

When you have found suitable employment in accordance with your university degree, your current residence title can be extended into a residence title for the purpose of taking up employment. For that you need to submit your new employment contract to the Foreigners Registration Office. Should all requirements be fulfilled, the office together with the Federal Employment Agency will change your title accordingly.

Residence permit for the purpose of self-employment according to §21 AufenthG

As a graduate you may wish to become self-employed. As long as you can demonstrate a connection to your degree, you can apply for a Residence permit for the purpose of self-employment


All career-specific information on one platform:

  • Job Offers
  • Company Profiles
  • Student Profiles
  • Events and Workshops
  • Career advice

Here you will find detailed information regarding job offers for permanent employment, internships, dissertations, part-time jobs or even project tasks for a Transfergutschein (transfer voucher). You will have access to a large network of potential employers which you can utilize in preparation for job interviews. You can create your own profile and get career advice as well as information regarding events.

If you have questions regarding this platform, how register or how to login, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Register here

Company Contact Fair

Start thinking about tomorrow, today!

At the company contact fair (Firmenkontaktmesse) students can contact representatives of different companies directly and introduce themselves personally.

Additional information will be provided soon.

Make sure to take advantage of the opportunity to directly network with regional companies.

Transfer vouchers

Transfer vouchers: your key to gaining first-hand experience and knowledge

A transfer voucher (Transfergutschein) makes it easier for university students to get in contact with local businesses and assists in gaining relevant experience. Upon completion of the assigned task you will receive €400 from the European Social Fund.

If you are interested in the transfer voucher, please get in touch.