What is a university entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung, HZB)?

Your HZB is your secondary school certificate or university studies that you have started or completed. If you would like to study at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, you will need to show proof of a HZB. Usually, the university entrance qualification is a German Abitur, but under certain conditions a foreign university entrance qualification can fulfill the requirements to allow you to study in Germany.

Do I have a university entrance qualification (HZB)?

The Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK) have a Central Office for Foreign Education (ZaB) that evaluates all foreign transcripts.

On the DAAD’s internet site or on anabin.de you can find detailed information on the individual countries that will give you information about whether your HZB is recognized.


I have a HZB

If you can show proof of a HZB, then you can apply to study at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences directly through the Student Service Center.


I do not have a HZB

If your HZB is not recognized as being sufficient for applying to study at a German university, you cannot apply directly. Instead, you will first need to take an assessment exam (Feststellungsprüfung). This is made up of exams in German and 3-4 subjects that are relevant for the degree program for which you would like to apply. In our Studienkolleg, you can prepare for this exam with a one-year course.