FSP and DSH courses at the Studienkolleg
If you are from another country and want to study in Germany, you will need to show proof of German proficiency and knowledge in your subject area. Find out which exams you need to take and how you can apply to a Studienkolleg.
The Studienkolleg (preparatory program) assists international students who need to take
- an assessment exam (Feststellungsprüfung, FSP) or
- the German language exam for university entrance (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang, DSH)
in order to be able to study in Germany. In our FSP and DSH Courses we prepare students for these exams and proctor them. Because courses are held only in German, German language skills (TestDaF minimum level of B1 or comparable level) are required.
Those who successfully complete the exams can then study at any full university or university of applied sciences in Germany.
From Application to Enrollment
Applying to the Studienkolleg
If you cannot apply directly to study at a university in Germany, you can apply for our Studienkolleg.
Before you can be accepted into the Studienkolleg at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, you must have been admitted to a university in Saxony-Anhalt or had a university place reserved for you. You must therefore formally apply to a full university or university of applied sciences in Saxony-Anhalt. To do so, fill out the application for admission (informational sheet, only available in German) and send it by post to:
You will need to include the following documents:
- Passport picture and copy of passport
- Certified copy of the (original!) secondary school leaving certificate
- Certified copy of the transcript of records if it is not in English or French
- Proof of successfully completed time studying in your home country
- Proof of German language skills (minimum level B1, at least average grade)
After the application is reviewed, it will be decided which exams you will need to take. This depends on your transcripts of record and the subject you wish to study.
The application deadlines are:
- 15 November to start in the following summer semester
- 15 June to start in the following winter semester
All students who have applied for a spot at the Studienkolleg must take an acceptance exam. The acceptance exam takes place in February and August around one week before lessons start in the Studienkolleg (see semester schedule).
According to the statutes (fee regulations) of Saxony-Anhalt’s Preparatory School (Landesstudienkolleg), at least €30 must be charged for the acceptance exam. Please bring €30 in cash with you to the exam.
Find more aboute the acceptance exam here.
As soon as you have passed the acceptance exam, we are happy to welcome you to the Studienkolleg at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences! On the day of the technical matriculation (usually on the Monday following the acceptance exam, see the semester schedule),
- you will receive your schedule.
- you need to enroll and pay the required administrative fee.
- you will receive information about health insurance.
If you have questions about the Studienkolleg, the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, or life in Köthen, you can contact the following:
- Studienkolleg Front Office (Ms. Knoth)
- International Office
- Studentenwerk (Student Services) Halle: Köthen, Dessau Bernburg (Finding a place in the residence halls)
- Acceptance exam: 30 euros
- Semester fee: 70 euros per semester
- Course materials: approximately 20 euros per semester
- Residence hall: approximately 200 euros per month
- Living costs: approximately 500 euros per month
Let's get started!
After lessons, you have many opportunities to get involved in campus life. Each semester, our Studienkolleg participants organize a large cultural and sports program for their fellow students. To the Organizational Team “Sports and Culture”!