Important information

  • Working hours

    The average number of weekly working hours is 40 hours not including breaks.

    For administrative employees and employees in the central institutions, flexible working hours have been agreed. This means that between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m., employees can decide independently when they will start and end work. The core working hours during which all full-time employees need to be present are Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.

    For employees of all departments, the set working hours are Monday to Thursday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.

    The breakfast break of 15 minutes can be taken until 10 a.m., and the 30-minute lunch break can be taken between 11 a.m. - 2 p.m..

    Working hours for part-time employees are to be agreed on together with the supervisor.

    The Operating Agreement on Working Hours at Anhalt University can be read here LINK.

  • Annual closing periods

    Anhalt University closes between 24 December and 31 December each year. If 2 January is on a Friday, the University is also closed on that day. The working hours can be made up with vacation time, flexible working hours, or by using up overtime hours.

  • Business trips

    To go on a business trip, you need written approval (Business Trip Request Form) from your direct supervisor. It is recommended that you do not start the trip until written approval is given, as this ensures you will have insurance coverage in case of an accident.

    You can find more information on requesting and claiming expenses for business trips here LINK or contact Ms. Kattenberg, Tel. 4114 or via email: angelika.kattenberg(at)

  • Vacation

    Vacation must generally be requested in a timely manner (at the latest 14 days before it is to start) through the HISQIS system. A full-time employee has 30 vacation days each year. For part-time employees, the number of vacation days is reduced depending on how the number of working hours is distributed across the weekdays. If you have questions, please contact Ms. Fricke at Tel +49 (0) 3496 67 4066 or via email: carolin.fricke(at)

  • Reporting in sick and returning to work after an i

    If you cannot come to work because you are ill, please inform your direct supervisor immediately by telephone or email.

    If you are unable to work for more than 1 calendar day, then at the latest on the next working day you will need to submit a medical certificate for your illness and the tentative time you will be unable to work to the Human Resource Department. You must also inform your organizational unit.

    Proof can also be required on the first day of the illness.

    If you have questions, please contact Ms. Friedrich at Tel. +49 (0) 3496 67 4110 or via email: heidrun.friedrich(at)

  • Termination

    The duration of notice periods depends on the time you have been employed and whether your contract is fixed-term or permanent. If the circumstances permit, it is possible to sign an agreement cancelling the employment agreement with a shorter notice period that is acceptable to both parties. The notice periods for fixed-term and permanent employment relationships can be found in Sec. 34 TV-L.

  • Additional part-time job

    In general, if employees want to have an additional part-time job, this requires prior approval. Notification must be given of an additional part-time job in a timely manner before the job is started; there is a form LINK on the University’s homepage for this purpose.

    If you have questions, please contact Ms. Lorenz at Tel. 4114 or via email: kathleen.lorenz(at)

    For scientific and artistic personnel primarily employed by the University (professors, research associates, lecturers for special tasks), the following applies:

    In general, any additional jobs need prior approval if it is not a job that does not need approval or is generally approved according to Secs. 3 and 4 of the State Ordinance on Additional Part-Time Jobs (HNVO LSA). If an additional part-time job does not require approval (and the pay is more than 500€) or if it is a generally approved additional job, then written notification must be made of the job before starting it (Sec. 6 HNVO).

    You can find details and exceptions in the regulations:

    • Sec. 40 Federal Civil Servant Status Act (Beamtenstatusgesetz, BeamtStG) from 17 June 2008 in the version from 8 June 2017
    • Secs. 73 - 81, Sec. 122 State Civil Servant Act (Landesbeamtengesetz, LBG-LSA) from 15 December 2009 in the version from 23 August 2013
    • Sec. 45 State University Act (Hochschulgesetz des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt, HSG-LSA)
    • Ordinance on Additional Jobs for Civil Servants in the State of Saxony-Anhalt (Verordnung über die Nebentätigkeiten der Beamten im Land Sachsen-Anhalt, NVO-LSA) from 25 November 2014
    • Ordinance on Additional Jobs for University Personnel (Hochschulnebentätigkeitsverordnung, HNVO LSA) from 14 July 2004