Fachbereich 5 - Informatik und Sprachen
Prof. Dr. Anika Groß
- Planned basic and advanced courses, e.g. on Database Systems, Databases and Applications, Cloud and Big Data Management, NoSQL Databases, Data Integration and more.
- Focus on applications of database systems, big data, data integration, semantic technologies and data science in various domains such as medicine, biology, environmental research, social sciences, E-mobility and many more.
- Publications: Google Scholar, DBS@UniLeipzig, DBLP
- since 2019: Professor for Database Systems and Programming at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, in Köthen / Sachsen-Anhalt
- 2018: Data Scientist in strategic research and development on E-mobility at Daimler AG with Ferchau Engineering GmbH, Stuttgart Automotive
- 2014 - 2017: PostDoc at the Database Group, Universität Leipzig (more information)
- 2014: Graduation - Dr. rer. nat., Universität Leipzig
- 2008 - 2013: Research assistant at the Database Group and the Interdisciplinary Centre for Bioinformatics (IZBI), Universität Leipzig
- 2007: Diploma in Bioinformatics, MLU Halle-Wittenberg
Memberships / Chair
- Executive Committee of the GI group Database Systems (GI-Fachgruppe Datenbanksysteme)
- Co-Chair: FGDB-Workshop @ LWDA 2018 - Workshop on Large-Scale Data Management and Processing - Applications in Research and Industry
- Co-Chair: BigDS@BTW 2017, 2019 - Workshop on Big (and Small) Data in Science and Humanities
- PC Member and reviewer for different international conferences, workshops and journals: e.g., DILS 2018, VOILA@ISWC 2018, DINA@ICDM, Bioinformatics, PLOS One, Journal of Biomedical Semantics (JBMS), Journal of Web Semantics (JWS), Semantic Web Journal (SWJ), Datenbank-Spektrum