Fachbereich 6 - Elektrotechnik, Maschinenbau und Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
Prof. Dr. Ismail Ertürk
- Born in Ankara/Turkey, 1971.
- Received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science & Engineering from University of Sussex, Brighton, UK in 1996 and 2000.
- Wireless & Mobile Sensor Networks, IoT, Medium Access Control & Routing Protocols, QoS Supported Communications and Radio Resource Management in Multiple Access Networks
- Digital Data Hiding, Steganography & Steganalysis (Image and Video)
- 2021 - …: Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- 2020 - 2021: Project Consultant, Atak Domain Hosting Internet and Information Technologies Ltd. Co., Technopark of the University of Kocaeli, Turkey
- 2006 - 2016: Co-founder & Researcher, MILETS Marmara Information, Electronics and Telecommunications Systems Ltd. Co., Kocaeli University Technopark, Turkey
- 2000 - 2016: Professor (Assist., Assoc. & Full), Information Systems Engineering/ECE, Kocaeli University, Turkey
- 1995 - 2000: Research Assistant, School of Engineering, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
- (20) H. Cinar, M. Cibuk, I. Erturk, “HMCAWSN: A hybrid multi-channel allocation method for erratic delay constraint WSN applications", Computer Standards & Interfaces, Volume 65, Pages 92-102, 2019
- (19) T. Aydogan, I. Ozcelik, Erturk I., H. Ekiz, Performance Analysis of CoS of Bridged WorldFIP and ATM Networks for Real Time Communication, ACTA PHYSICA POLONICA A, 130(1), 412-416, 2016. (Selected from the 2nd International Conference on Computational and Experimental Science and Engineering, ICCESEN’15)
- (18) A. Sevin, C. Bayilmis, I. Erturk, H. Ekiz, A. Karaca, “Design and Implementation of a Man Overboard Emergency Discovery System based on Wireless Sensor Networks”, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, 24, 762-773 (2016)
- (17) Sedat Atmaca, Alper Karahan, Celal Ceken, Ismail Erturk, “A New MAC Protocol for Broadband Wireless Communications and Its Performance Evaluation”, Telecommunication Systems, 57(1), 13-23 (2014)
- (16) S. Cakici, I. Erturk, S. Atmaca, A. Karahan, “A Novel Cross-layer Routing Protocol for Increasing Packet Transfer Reliability in Mobile Sensor Networks”, Wireless Personal Communications, 77(3), 2235-2254 (2014)
- (15) A. Karahan, I. Erturk, S. Atmaca, S. Cakici, “Effects of Transmit−based and Receive−based Slot Allocation Strategies on Energy Efficiency in WSN MACs”, Ad Hoc Networks, 13 (Part B), 404-413 (2014)
- (14) Senol Gulgonul, Etem Koklukaya, Ismail Erturk, Ahmet Y. Tesneli, “SRRA: Smart Redundancy Reconfiguration Algorithm for Communication Satellite Payload”, Journal of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Gazi University, 29(1), 141-147 (2014)
- (13) Yildiray Yalman, Ismail Erturk, “Secret Data Embedding Scheme Modifying the Frequency of Occurrence of Image Brightness Values”, Sadhana Academy Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, Springer, 39(4), 939-956 (2014)
- (12) Nukhet Sazak, Ismail Erturk, Etem Koklukaya and Murat Cakiroglu, “An Event-driven WSN MAC Protocol Design Based on Active Node and Dynamic Time Slot Allocation”, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, 21, 812-824 (2013)
- (11) Yildiray Yalman, Ismail Erturk, “A New Color Image Quality Measure Based on YUV Transformation and PSNR for Human Vision System”, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, 21, 603-612 (2013)
- (10) Necla Bandirmali, Ismail Erturk, “WSNSec: A Scalable Data Link Layer Security Protocol for WSNs”, Ad Hoc Networks, 10, 37–45 (2012)
- (9) Cuneyt Bayilmis, Ersoy Kelebekler, Ismail Erturk, Celal Ceken, Ibrahim Ozcelik, “Integration of a speech activated control system and a wireless interworking unit for a CAN-based distributed application”, Journal of Network & Computer Applications, Elsevier, 32, 1210–1218 (2009)
- (8) Sedat Atmaca, Celal Ceken and Ismail Erturk, “A new QoS-aware TDMA/FDD MAC protocol with multi-beam directional antennas”, Computer Standards & Interfaces, Elsevier, 31 (4), 816-829 (2009)
- (7) Cemal KOCAK, Ismail ERTURK and Huseyin EKIZ, “MPLS over ATM and IP over ATM methods for multimedia applications”, Computer Standards & Interfaces, Elsevier, 31 (1), 153-160 (2009)
- (6) Cuneyt Bayilmis, Ismail Erturk, Celal Ceken and Ibrahim Ozcelik, “A CAN/IEEE 802.11b wireless LAN local bridge design”, Computer Standards & Interfaces, Elsevier, 30 (3), 200-212 (2008)
- (5) Celal CEKEN, Ismail ERTURK, and Cuneyt BAYILMIS, “A New MAC Protocol Design Based on TDMA/FDD for QoS Support in WATM Networks”, Computer Standards & Interfaces, Elsevier, 28 (4), 451-466 (2006)
- (4) Erturk I. “A New Method for Transferring CAN Messages Using Wireless ATM”, Journal of Network & Computer Applications, Elsevier, 28 (1), 45-56 (2005)
- (3) Cuneyt BAYILMIS, Ismail ERTURK, and, Celal CEKEN ‘Wireless Interworking Independent CAN Segments’, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 3280, 299-310 (2004)
- (2) Celal CEKEN, Ismail ERTURK, and Cuneyt BAYILMIS, ‘A New MAC Protocol Design for WATM Networks’, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 3261, 564-574 (2004)
- (1) Erturk I. and Stipidis E., ‘A New Approach for Real-time QoS Support in IP over ATM Networks’, IEICE Transactions on Communications, 10,2311-2318 (2002)
- (16) Project Manager, “Microservices & High Availability Distributed Architecture Based Foreign Trade Management System and Software Development”, TUBITAK*-TEYDEB, Project No: 7210001, Proactive Digital Management and Education Systems Ltd. Co. 2019-2021.
- (15) Project Advisor, “Design and Implementation of Cross Layer and Adaptive QoS Supported MAC Protocol for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks”, TUBITAK, Project No: 114E944, 2015-2016.
- (14) Researcher, “Advanced Patent Monitoring System with Wearable and Fixed Components”, TUBITAK-TEYDEB 1130011, MILETS Cooperation, 2014-2016.
- (13) Researcher, “A Hybrid Energy Efficient MAC Design, Modelling and Performance Analysis for WSN”, TUBITAK, Project No: 113E317, 2013-2014.
- (12) Researcher, “Sensors-based Remote Patent Monitoring System”, TUBITAK-TEYDEB 3110710, MILETS Cooperation, 2011-2013.
- (11) Project Leader, “Development and Implementation of a New Data Hiding Method for Digital Images”, Kocaeli University Research Projects Foundation (2009/044), 2009-2011.
- (10) Researcher, “Wireless Smart Fire Alarm System Project”, European Union EUREKA E! 8382 Wireless Fire (Project No: 9080002), 2008-2011.
- (9) Project Leader, “Development and Implementation of a Man over Board Emergency Discovery System for Ships”, Denizsan Ship Building Co. and Ministry of Industry, 00246.STZ.2008-1, 2008-2010.
- (8) Project Leader, “Ideal Monitoring Using Wireless Sensor Networks”, Kocaeli University Research Projects Foundation (2008/021), 2008-2009.
- (7) Project Leader, “QoS Supported MAC Protocol Design and Simulation for B-ISDN Systems with Smart Antennas”, Kocaeli University Research Projects Foundation (2008/022), 2008-2010.
- (6) Project Advisor, “A New Energy-aware and QoS Supporting MAC Protocol Design for WSNs”, Kocaeli University Research Projects Foundation (2007/30), 2007-2009.
- (5) Project Leader, “Dynamic Web-based Billboard Programming System Design”, Kocaeli University Research Projects Foundation (2005/66), 2005-2006.
- (4) Project Leader, “Design and Implementation of an Interface for Extending Controller Area Network Segments Using WLANs”, TUBITAK, Project No: 105E059, (2005-2006).
- (3) Researcher, European Union Active Labor Programs – LIMEP Project, Project No: 274, 2004-2005.
- (2) Researcher, Developing Vocational and Technical Education, European Union and Turkish Ministry of Education – DG1A-D/MEDTQ/15-96, 2004 – 2006.
- (1) Project Leader, “Real-time Multimedia Transfer Using WLANs”, Kocaeli University Research Projects Foundation (2003/104), 2003-2005.
- *TUBITAK: The Scientific & Technological Research Council of Turkey (TEYDEB: Applied R&D Projects Division.
- (2) “Proximity tracking and warning system with a distance and direction detection method based on relative location”, National, TR2021/007076 (2021, pending)
- (1) “Robust code/data hiding method against analog transmission (over-the-air) for digital audio”, International, WO2021/021059 (2019, pending)