Anhalt - The Place To Be
The federal state of Saxony-Anhalt provides a diverse ecosystem for investments, offering a variety of key advantages in comparison to other federal states of Germany. Infrastructure, flexibility, labor costs and industry acceptance as well as education and culture leverage Saxony-Anhalt to a competitive location. In terms of foreign direct investment, Saxony-Anhalt claims the leadership position among East German federal states.
Did you know?
...Saxony-Anhalt is home to one of Europe’s biggest chemistry park
…Germany’s biggest data processing center is located in Saxony-Anhalt
…one of the three largest longitudinal shaft manufacturers was established in Saxony-Anhalt
Site Advantages at a glance
- Second-lowest labor costs in Germany
- Skilled labor force: 90% have a vocational- or university qualification
- Location in the heart of Central Europe and access to the Eastern European economic area
- Strong infrastructure allows transport via water-, air-, rail- and roadways
- Industrial acceptance of 97% among the population due to the high importance of the sector
- Legal stability guarantees investment security
- Leadership position of Saxony-Anhalt in foreign direct investment in East Germany
- Promotion programs and investment loans on favorable terms
- Attractive combination of federal and EU aid (GRW funding schemes, IPCEI funding schemes)
- Fast approval procedures (construction permission generally issued in 6 weeks)
- Innovative research and development environment by universities, colleges and the Fraunhofer Institutes (including industry clusters, innovation networks and incubators)
- High childcare rate (57% of children under 3 receive childcare)
Anhalt University is the initiator of various projects and research cooperations. Technology and know-how transfers are the primary focus.
We are the guide for your successful project in Saxony-Anhalt.
- Assistance in establishing a local representation, cooperation or subsidiary
- Scientific support in establishing local spin-offs
- Project management support in creating your network with regional development agencies
- Linking of university research with entrepreneurial research projects
- Creating networking opportunities with University departments and affiliated institutes for an effective knowledge transfer
- Assistance in recruiting highly qualified, international staff
- Start-up service for international graduates
One of the competitive advantages of Anhalt University of Applied Sciences compared to other institutions lies in our extensive scope of research. The top 3 areas of expertise of the university are life sciences, engineering sciences and ICT as well as media sciences.
The field Life Sciences involves:
- Substance research, Biotechnology and Food sciences
- Biodiversity research and Agricultural sciences
- Sustainable land-use strategies
The research area Engineering Sciences is characterized by:
- Renewable energies
- Data acquisition
- Process and environmental technology
- Transport systems
- Medical technology
The segment of ICT & Media Sciences contains:
- Cloud services, Big Data and Usability
- Digital media systems, planning and design
- Data analysis and visualization
- Future internet technologies
Mercateo – B2B Trading platform
…Mercateo Deutschland AG with head offices in Munich established the Mercateo Services GmbH in 2004 in Köthen.
Coil - Production of aluminium
...The spin-off of the Belgian company was built in Bernburg in 2005. The state of Saxony-Anhalt granted 9.2€ million as non-repayable subsidy in the 21€ million investment. 10 years later, Coil expanded their production plants with another investment of 22€ million.
Almeco GmbH - Production of high reflectance metal structures
...With an investment of 37€ million, the Italian enterprise settled in Bernburg in 2006.
Greatview Aseptic Packaging Manufacturing GmbH - Production of aseptic packaging
...The spin-off from China got established in Kabelsketal, close to Halle, with an investment of 50€ million. In 2016 the manufacturing plant was expanded with another investment of 23€ million.
Domo Group - Production of caprolactam
...The Belgian group settled in Leuna in 1994. The total investment amounts to over 600€ million withanother investment of 30€ million in 2017.
Total Group - Production of benzol
...The french corporate group established itself in Leuna in 1997. The ongoing investment volumeaccumulates to roughly over 100€ million until 2021.