Major Fields of study
- Compulsory Modules: Food Biotechnology, Food Safety and Quality Management, Process Management and Product Development, Environmental Practices and Sustainability, Business and Economics in Food Industry, Innovations in Food Engineering and Technology
- Specialization in optional Modules: Malt and Beer Production, Distilled Spirits Technology, Wine Production, Fat and Oils, Fruit and Vegetables, Cereals and Cereal Products, Meat Science, Dairy Science and Technology, Food Packaging, Materials, Systems and Technology
- Professional Competence Module (PCM)
Course content and objectives
The two-year European Master of Science in Food Science, Technology and Business is jointly organized by three European partner institutions: KU Leuven, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences and Catholic University of Portugal. It fosters innovation and technology to help you cope with future needs and substainability.
- academic Bachelor in Science degree [BSc] with excellent grades in relevant subjects (Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Food Science and Technology, or Engineering or cognate subject area)
- ECTS grade "grade C"
- equivalent qualification
- start: winter semester at KU Leuven (Belgium)
- partial study at Anhalt University of Applied Science [HSA]: summer semester
- Students of HSA with a first university degree can also participate
- English language (TOEFL 550 paperbased /213 computer-based or IELTS score 6,5)