Course content and objectives
The program in Agriculture has the goal of training personnel for management asks in agricultural operations and companies as well as for mid-level management positions in the upstream and downstream areas. For this, students obtain the subject-area, methodological, and social competences that are necessary to master production and cost management, manage purchasing and sales, and confront the challenges that arise while considering the natural scientific, economic, and ecological requirements.
Successful graduates later start as managers in agricultural companies or work for producers associations or other associations and organizations. Research, teaching, and consulting as well as international development aid are also interesting professional possibilities.
- Qualification for universities of applied science (Fachhochschulreife)
- Master craftsman
- or previous education or vocational training considered equivalent.
Possible professional fields for graduates include the following areas:
- management positions in agricultural companies
- with producer associations, machinery rings, and other forms
- in associations and organizations
- in the upstream and downstream areas of agriculture
- in research, teaching, and consulting
- in development aid