Course content and objectives
Extensive, in-depth knowledge and skills are taught in this career-integrated master's degree program in Food Technology. After completing the program, graduates can apply advanced scientific methods and insights in an interdisciplinary way. They recognize problems at an early stage, can analyze even complex challenges, and develop tailored solutions. The program is offered at the same time in two degree programs: When re-registering for the 2nd semester, students choose either the degree program Process Engineering or Food Technology. Graduates’ areas of professional activity are as varied as the program objectives. They range from the food industry and its suppliers to engineering machines and plants for food production, packaging technology, activities in public engineering and planning offices, cosmetic production, or business consulting.
- A qualified university degree in a bachelor’s program in Process Engineering, Food Technology, or comparable degree programs with a standard period of study of at least six semesters.
- Qualified professional experience related to that, typically lasting at least one year.
- Admission is granted with a selection process
- Overall grades of 2.5 or higher (German grading scale) can be admitted
- Overall grades between 2.6 - 3.0 (German grading scale) go into the selection process, in some cases with an aptitude interview
- Overall grades of lower than 3.0 cannot be admitted