Course content and objectives
Increasing complexity in the national and international tax systems as well as intense competitive pressure increase companies’ need for consulting. In Anhalt University of Applied Sciences’ degree program in Taxes and Accounting, the focus is on companies’ internal processes. In particular, this includes aspects of accounting and controlling. In business companies, loyal employees with the ability to solve problems are in demand.
This dual master's degree program offers students the opportunity to implement the theoretical knowledge they have gained in companies, institutions, or consulting organizations and, at the same time, to shorten the time they need to study until they can take the professional examinations for tax consultants / auditors. This master’s program prepares you in a targeted manner for work as a tax consultant and/or auditor.
This master’s program prepares you in a targeted manner for work as a tax consultant and/or auditor. In the area of tax consultancy, your tasks are to advise clients about declaration and taxes and to advise on the implementation of tax law. Besides business issues, prospects for existence and the future must be competently given shape. In the area of auditing, your primary tasks are to review and test complex balances. You will find work in corporate and tax advising, as a trustee or consultant. You will be highly sought as an expert in many areas of business.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree program with a business, economic, or legal focus. Either 180 or 210 ECTS points must have been completed;
- If the standard period of study for the degree program in which the bachelor’s degree was obtained is six semesters, then in the master’s program additional coursework totaling 30 credits must be completed. Proof that the missing credits have been made up must be shown before admission to the master’s colloquium.
- Completion of a degree program or professional academy with a focus on accounting and taxation; or
- Completion of a legal program with knowledge in the area of tax law and/or auditing;
- TestDAF Niveaustufe 4xTDN4
- or another acceptable German language certificate
- And a contract with a cooperating institution (tax and corporate law firm or company in the field of business, especially banks, finances, taxes, or accounting) for the duration of the degree program at which you are employed at least half-time (50%)