EXTENSION: Deadline for the Winter intake is 15th August 2019
Application period for winter semester 2019:
uni-assist: 15th March 2019 - 15th July 2019 extended to 15th August
SSC Portal: 15th March 2019 - 15th July 2019 extended to 15th August
If you've got an admission for the summer semester 2119 and couldn't come due to some reasons, please register and apply via the SSC Portal. Afterwards contact the MMH/MAC department. Thanks.
New applicants apply only via uni-assist.
Keyword is: Bernburg/Dessau/Köthen, Hochschule Anhalt, Master Architectural Cultural Heritage
Questions about the application
Which study requirements do I have to fulfill?
For an admission to a Master’s degree in Architectural Cultural Heritage, a Bachelor’s degree (not less than six semesters) in a related field is compulsory – such as architecture, archaeology, history of art, civil
engineering, geography, facilities management, history, interior design or surveying technology. Alternatively, relevant professional experience related to cultural heritage preservation can be considered.
In exceptional case: Candidates may also be admitted on basis of relevant work experience or exceptional interest in preservation and conservation sector. This consideration can only be done through contacting the department before applying formally. (contact us)
The course is taught in English. We require proof of you English language skill. This can be proved by submitting recognized certificates (for example IELTS, TOEFL etc.), if we have doubt about the quality of language skill, we will ask to seat for specific English language exam here in Germany. If you are a native English speaker, or if you have completed your bachelor course in English language and you can provide a certificate to confirm this, you do not need to do a language test.
Is there any admission restriction?
Yes. You can only be admitted if you have completed a 3-year Bachelor's degree with 180 credits.
Where can I apply?
Please apply online via UniAssist. The keyword for Hochschule Anhalt is: Bernburg/Dessau/Köthen, Hochschule Anhalt, Architectural Cultural Heritage
First of all you have to register yourself. Please use a working e-mail address. You will get all the information through this e-mail address. So do not change it.
After registration you are getting an application number and then you can fill in the online application. After submitting the application, you will be asked to pay the fee and to send your documents. Please take a look in the FAQ's from uni assist.
When is the application period?
Summer Semester: October 15th – January 15th
Winter Semester: April 15th – July 15th
Which application documents do I have to submit?
- Copy of your Passport
- Motivation Letter
- Current CV with Date & Signature
- Passport photo (original photo, no printout)
Certified copies of original plus english translation of:
- Bachelor degree and transcript, if available master degree and transcript.
- Proof of your English Language Skills (TOEFL, IELTS or comparable)
English is not my mother tongue ...
Which language certificate do I have to provide?
In TOEFL, IELTS or comparable your language certificate has to have at least B2 level, which you have to submit.
You should plan to take the language test in advance of the application.
How much is the fee?
In order to enroll for the MAC Master program, every student is expected to pay 2 administrative fees each semester. These are:
1. Admin. fee for Master Program MMH 750€
2. Admin. fee for general registration and student union 76€
Total amount of the tuition fee is 826€.
Where to pay?
After receiving the admission letter, you will get an information letter with the bank account details.
Steps before and after arriving in Dessau
When you get admission in any university in Germany you should keep in mind what will be the next steps. What types of preparation you need to take. What you need to work on before coming to Europe and things you have to take care of right after your arrival here.
5 steps that you need to take before arrival:
- Apply for VISA (check current visa regulations that apply to you either with the German Embassy in your home country or online at germany-visa.org or on the website of German Federal Foreign Office).
- Check the Prerequisite for further visa extension while studying and living in Germany.
- Weather and living style in Germany.
- What you must bring with you.
- Apply for a place in student dormitory or take a look at housing options.
2 more websites, which could be helpful for you as well:
6 steps that you need to take after arrival:
- Inform the Auslaenderamt of your arrival in Germany (foreign office of Dessau).
- Open a bank account.
- Get a housing contract.
- Get a student health insurance.
- Get enrolled in Anhalt University of Applied Sciences.
- Extend the visa.
We enroll for Winter Semester and Summer Semester.
Winter Semester: August 15th - October 30th
Summer Semester: February 15th - April 30th
Where can you enroll?
If you have done several steps after your arriving in Dessau, you can be officially enrolled in MAC at the office of:
Mr. Hanjo Todte
Building M (Mensa / Canteen), Room 201
Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 – 12:30 and 13:30 – 15:30
Which documents do I need for enrollment?
You need to show in addition to what you have been told with your admission package:
- Copy of your admission letter (Zulassungsschreiben)
- Copy of your passport (for Non-EU students) / national ID (for EU citizens)
- Proof of sufficient health insurance
- Paying in slip as proof of having transferred the semester fee
- Non-EU students: Residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel)
- biometric, passport-sized photo (for student ID)
When does the semester begin?
The winter semester starts in the 1st week of October and the summer semester starts in the 1st week of April.
Organization of this Master program
The master program 'Monumental Heritage' is a full time study course.
A part time study is not recommended due to the time and professional requirements.
- Who can advise me on further questions?