Anhalt University Library is a scientific, public library that provides literature and information to university members as well as interested citzen. In order To borrow media, we have to ask you to register and agree to our rules and regulations.
To register, please bring your University ID or your personal ID or passport.
To lend & to order
Books and other physical media is available for loan as long as not marked otherwise.
Please order the following media from us personally/by telephone/by e-mail or via our contact form:
- Printed theses
- Periodicals of a previous year
- Media with the addition "SR" ("Schriftenreihe") at the beginning of the signature
Our staff will be glad to provide you with the ordered literature as soon as possible.
Renew & reserve literature
Media can be lent for 28 days and the lending can be renewed online up to seven times, unless somebody reserves it. Journals and books marked as reference collection are not for loan.
You can manage your lendings, reserve and renew online via your libarary account or our Library-App. Please log in with your library number (starting 3329xxxxxxxx) and - preset - the first three letters of you last name.
You can change the password anytime.
Please note: You may not extend your deadline if
• it has already passed,
• you have already renewed your loan seven times or
• there is a pre-existing reservation for your item.
If you need media that has been lent already, you can reserve it within our Online-Catalogue or via our App (Playstore & iTunes). You'll be asked to log in with your library number and password.
Once a medium is reserved it can't be renewed by the owner.
We'll inform you as soon as the medium is available.
If you need immediate access to the medium, please check, if there is a reference copy to work with at the library.
- Deadlines & Fees
Inter Library Loan
As a user of the Anhalt University Library you are entitled to participate the inter library loan of our common library network. Please ask your librarian.
- Remote Access
Tours & Introductions
You are invited to attend a guided tour to introduce you to our libraries, our stock and services.
Our Library-App enables you to search within our catalogue, to reserve and renew liteature and have yourself reminded of deadlines by your mobile deivice.
- Android updates your account automatically.
- Using iOS you can choose within the settings whether your account is updated automatically (our recommendation) or manually (default).
- Android sends "push-messages" shortly before the loan period expires. With Android, you can activate preliminary reminders within your account-settings and define the reminded period.
- For iOS the reminder appointments will be added to your calendar. This requires that the app is connected to your calendar, which has to be enabled within your settings - the calendar named "Library" has to be activated.
Service for distance students
To benefit of all of your library's services please have your student card activated as a user card. You can send us a filled out registration form along wih a copy of your student ID by e-mail.
As a distance student you can pre-order literature at your library and pick it up, while you are here. Please use our contact form or contact us by phone or email.
For your distance learning, external access to our digital resources will be a valuable research tool. Most of the digital resources that we provide is accessible for you after a small browser configuration and authentication with your student-data.
For your exmatriculation you will need to visit the library with the exmatriculation form and have us confirm that your account is cleared from loans as well as fees.
In case you will stay in our region it is up to you to continue to use our libraries as an individual user after your studies.
- Paths to University
- During Your Studies
- After Graduation
- Service and Advice
- Application for International Students
- Student exchange and internships abroad
- Intercultural Encounters
- Your stay at Anhalt University