Studying abroad with Erasmus+
What is ERASMUS+?
The ERASMUS+ program is a funding program of the European Union.
The ERASMUS+ exchange opportunities of Anhalt University of Applied Sciences are based on numerous bilateral, subject-specific exchange agreements with European universities.
How much funding can you receive from Erasmus?
You will receive a monthly scholarship through ERASMUS +. This depends on the following country groups:
Group 1: 420 € per month (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom)
Group 2: 360 € per month (Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus)
Group 3: 300 € per month (Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Macedonia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary)
How long will ERASMUS+ be paid?
If you want to study at an ERASMUS + partner university, the funding will be paid between 3 to 12 months.
Furthermore, repeated additional funding is possible for an additional study cycle (Bachelor / Master).
Usually one semester of study lasts 5 months.
Each month is calculated with 30 days. The stays can be at least 90 and no more than 360 days long.
Can I apply for ERASMUS+?
To receive the grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are enrolled in one of the study programs of Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- You have completed at least the first, or even better the second, academic year of your degree program (Master students may be able to study abroad with ERASMUS + from the first semester)
No separate application is required for ERASMUS + funding. You regularly apply for a study abroad in our application portal.
What documents do I need?
Before the stay abroad 2 documents are needed:
- The Grant Agreement governs your financial support. After successful application, you will receive it for an exchange with a European partner.
- The Learning Agreement for the recognition of course credits
Upon arrival at the partner university send us:
- The Arrival Attestation, which contains possible changes to the Learning Agreement
After completing your studies abroad, we will receive from you:
- The Confirmation of Attendance, which determines the exact duration of your eligibility period
- The Transcript or Records, which provides information about the study achievements
You apply via our online application tool for the following deadlines:
- February 28 for the upcoming winter semester in the same year
- August 31 for the summer semester next year
The ERASMUS + checklist below will help you to complete your stay abroad
This project has been funded with the support of the European Commission. The sole responsibility for the content of this publication lies with the author; the Commission is not responsible for the continued use of the information contained therein.