Studying abroad with Erasmus+
What is ERASMUS+?
The ERASMUS+ program is a funding program of the European Union.
The ERASMUS+ exchange opportunities of Anhalt University of Applied Sciences are based on numerous bilateral, subject-specific exchange agreements with European universities.
How much funding can you receive from Erasmus?
ERASMUS+ supports mobilities with so called program countries and partner countries. For all countries, scholarships have a fixed Monthly rate.
For the program countries, the amount of the monthly scholarship is based on 3 different country groups:
- Group 1: 450 € per month (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom)
- Group 2: 390 € per month (Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus)
- Group 3: 330 € per month (Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Macedonia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary)
Currently Hochschule Anhalt has active ERASMUS+ projects with the following partner countries:
Albania, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Ukraine. Students who want to study abroad in these countries will receive an individual support of 700€ per month and a distance-related travel support (between 275€ and € 820€)
How long will ERASMUS+ be paid?
If you want to study at an ERASMUS + partner university, the funding will be paid between 3 to 12 months.
Furthermore, repeated additional funding is possible for an additional study cycle (Bachelor / Master).
Usually one semester of study lasts 4-5 months.
Each month is calculated with 30 days. The duration of stay has to be at least 90 days and must not exceed 360 days.
Can I apply for ERASMUS+?
To receive the grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are enrolled in one of the study programs of Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- You have completed at least the first, or even better the second, academic year of your degree program (Master students may be able to study abroad with ERASMUS + from the first semester)
No separate application is required for ERASMUS + funding. You apply for a study abroad in our application portal.
What documents do I need?
Before the stay abroad 2 documents are needed:
- The Grant Agreement governs your financial support. After successful application, you will receive it for an exchange with a European partner.
- The Learning Agreement for the recognition of course credits
Upon arrival at the partner University you have to submit:
- The Arrival Attestation, which confirms your arrival
- changes to your original Learning Agreement have to be made within the first 5 weeks after your arrival. Please use page 4 of your Learning Agreement for that purpose!
After completing your studies abroad, you have to submit:
- The Confirmation of Attendance, which determines the exact duration of your eligibility period
- The Transcript of Records, which provides information about the study Achievements such as ECTS and grades. The transcript is usually issued within 5 weeks after the examination period of your host University.
You apply via our online application tool for the following deadlines:
- February 28th for the upcoming winter semester in the same year
- August 31st for the summer semester next year
The ERASMUS + checklist below will help you to complete your stay abroad
This project has been funded with the support of the European Commission. The sole responsibility for the content of this publication lies with the author; the Commission is not responsible for the continued use of the information contained therein.